Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Square Up...WHAT?

Another $45 dollars down the drain (monthly), and I didn't even sell $45 worth of stuff that month.  Why because I signed up with a credit card (CC) processor that didn't tell me all about the little fees.  OH and also, you can NEVER, and I mean NEVER, have a free credit card processing machine.

Wait a min.... I think I might be wrong.  Have you ever heard of Square Inc? Square Inc. is a San Fransisco based company that has found a way for us little people to process credit cards with the small computers we carry around, called a smart phones.  iPhone? No Problem. iPad? No Problem.  Android (most)? NO PROBLEM?  Square has you covered.

Oh but how much does it cost? Reader? FREE. Phone application? FREE. What about the monthly fee? Here is the best part, get ready for it, if you don't use it then you don't have to pay for it that month.  It is just a 2.75% per swipe (3.5% + 15 cents if keyed in) and that is it.

I know I know it seems to good to be true.  I thought the same thing.  After being completely shammed by my old credit card processor I was a little skeptical at first. But then it hit me.  I could not be any worse than the situation I was already in.  So I waited and waited to get my square and why?  Because I needed to get me a smart phone first.  So when my upgrade time came I went to Square.com and picked a phone that was compatible with their reader and app. (my reader even came in before my phone did).  I have been with Square for almost a year now and I have not had any problems.   I love how someone can order a bow and pay me right then.  I can go to a craft show and not worry if there is electricity or WiFi (it even saves me on booth fees if I don't need the electricity). I love how fancy it makes my business look and the questions about my toy.  So now all I am waiting for from Square is two things.  Online processing and an app for the Kindle Fire.  For now, I will just use my Samsung phone.

So if you are looking to get out of the round and round circle of your CC processor then you need to just Square Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment