Monday, January 2, 2012

Almost Not Famous

So being a stay at home mom it doesn't take much for me to get that fancy shmacy feeling or to feel like I met someone important.  Also, being a stay-at-work-at-home-mom I might have a little more time for the Twitter, Facebook, YouTube stuff.  While playing around on YouTube one day looking for some Criminal Minds stuff I found this really cool web series called PRETTY the Series. With my background of making beauty pageant accessories and having a young girl child that has been in them, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mockery of it.  Why would I not? See for yourself.  You can read more about them and see all the episodes from season 1 to season 3 here.
So how does this all make me almost not famous?  OK. I was playing around computer and if you know me I am a HUGE Criminal Minds fan and I am so inspired in my work by Kirsten Vangsness's character Penelope Garcia (and by KV herself).  While tweeting a few little tweets in desperation to get her attention to make her something for Criminal Minds the executive producer for PRETTY the Series caught my tweets and offered for me to make a hair piece for her for the series.  HELL YEAH!!  So a few e-mails later, making a total of 7 pieces (figured it upped my chances on one getting on KV's head), one lost package, remaking all 7 pieces again and shipping overnight and then finding said lost package, my hair pieces made it.  And the rest is just a PRETTY dream for me.
 No, not everyone is going to know that it was me that made the (what I call) famous cross headband, that the "recovering atheist" character wears in so far 2 episodes (or a few other pieces).  But I do. So in my mind I am "almost famous". To you....... who cares.

1 comment: