Thursday, January 19, 2012

Glad It's Me Not You

As a mother of 5 I really hate hearing, "You've got your hands full." "Glad it's you and not me" and "You're done, right?"  I can not think of anything less sensitive to say to woman who is trying to wrangle their kids.  It's like saying, "I see you are having a hard time with your kids, and I am not going to help you because you did it to yourself."

Well to those three comments I have something to say back to you.  Yes my hands are full, full of love, hugs, kisses, book, awesome cookies, toys, sweet little feet, and always a hand to hold.  Those things are what I get back with my hands being full of dirty diapers, dirty laundry, dishes, messy house and  few moments of fit throwing and temper tantrums.  So my answer is yes my hands are full, but my heart is never empty.

And you know what I am glad it is me and not you.  God never gives you more than you can handle.  Yes I thought God was playing some cruel joke on me at first (because I always said that I would never have any kids), but I would not trade it for the world.

DONE.  I thought I was done 3 kids ago.  I tried to play God and do things to not get pregnant but God had other plans for me.  By the way, what business is it of yours anyway?  You make it seem like I have done some horrible disservice to you or my children by having so many. You don't have to be our friend if you don't want to; if that is your attitude I don't want to be yours.  And YES I love each one of my kids the same.  They are all special to me in their own way.  Who knows, just because I can not have kids biologically, we don't know what child might come before us in other ways.


 Check out Evil Genius Tees for great snarky large family gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment